needing to know something in visual basic

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok im trying to make a small little game in visual basic and i dont know the function that i need to use that makes the object move automatically. what im trying to make is a pacman game and i need the automatic move function that tells the pacman to keep moving after pressing a key and releasing it. if no one understands what im trying to say then ill rephrase it again.

well, i think i get what you wanna do. you'll have to use the keydown event handler to make it move (may have already figured that). but to keep it moving you'll need to create your own function that is controlled by a flag of some type that is triggered by the keypress event. Something like that could work if done right, I've not done stuff like this in vb in a long time so I'm definently rusty and don't know if this will help much. To figure it out exact i'd have to code it and I have 3 projects due this week. If you still need more help let me know and if no one else helps i'll help ya figure something out. :)

alright thanks man, you helped me out alot actually, if you could further show me a little of the event, put a little psudo code if you dont have time then dont worry about it ill try to look it up now that i know what to look for

Back
Top Bottom