Need Help With Java!!!!

Okay, thanx for all that :) so how do i access Java to make something a bit more serious than a flash animation?

You don't use Java to make flash animations - flash is a completely different technology!

If you want to have a play around have a look at Greenfoot, it's a good place to start. You'll need to download the JDK first though.

JKD? Or JDK?

The JDK is the Java development kit, it contains the Java compiler which you'll need for developing Java applications. You may have the JRE (Java runtime environment) already, that's used for running Java apps (but you won't be able to compile anything with just this.)

Google is your friend for questions like this, there's a wealth of information on Java all over the place :)

yeah i think i installed the JRE and i was wondering how to compile anything with it. thanx for ALL your advice im so grateful to you :)

So you downloaded the JDK API (Application program interface - the thing that you work in)? What version did you download?

Have you opened it up? (should have a screen that looks a bit blank and complex with File View etc on the toolbar at the top)

The best advice is to do some reading as suggested before - get a grasp of the basics first. There are also some decent online video tutorials i found useful in the past, again google is your friend.

Right, I'm having trouble downloading the JKD, could somebody send a link to a website I oculd download it off?

Thanx

Back
Top Bottom