Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default Need help on how to make a NES game in VB6

If i am able to do this i am going to make "Dragon Warrior" for NES in VB6 for a final project for school(or for the fun of it if i don't have enough time).

Ok, if you have ever played any dragon warrior games for NES or final fantesy games you will know what i'm talking about.

So you have a little square person and the screen is always centerd to him, now to the off screen there is more terran. now i now in VB your form can only be so big so i would have to do the map is sections(lots,lol).

*To minamize the amount of sections i would have to do i would like to take advantage of the whole form. so say i only wanted 1/4 of the form terran to be around my square guy at any time, but i wanted to be able to walk around the whole form. how would i go about doing this?

i'll try and make some screenshots of what i'm talking about once i have of the layout done to clear up what i'm talking about.

If you don't get what i'm asking please ask me to clear it up because i would really like to be able to make this.

(Just a side note, i don't want to make the exact same thing as dragon warrior, i'm making a really dubed done version,lol.)
CPU-Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache ~~OS Windows XP SP2
MOBO-Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro Intel Socket 775 (PCI-E)~~HDD-Western Digital 160GB(SATA)
PSU-Aspire 500W ATX~~RAM-1GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (512x2 Dual Channel)
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote