Need help in c++...???

Lord Kalthorn said:
Why would anybody want to - does anybody use G++ Code in anything remotely good?
Nah, there are getting too many little language around and its getting confusing!

All right, I know DevilHack has the right idea, I just want to make sure everyone else does. C++ is a programming language as is C, C#, VB, etc. Now a programming language is just an abstract representation of a set of machine instructions. Now G++ is a compiler for a language as is Visual Studio, and BloodShed Dev C++. A compiler takes the abstract representation and turns it into machine instructions (now of course their is a linker in there but I am just grouping it in with the compiler for now). So to summarize:
G++ - Linux C/C++ compiler
Dev C++ - Windows C/C++ compiler
MetroWorks CodeWarrior - Mac C/C++ compiler
Visual Studio - Look at the discussion earlier in this thread

Traveller said:
All right, I know DevilHack has the right idea, I just want to make sure everyone else does. C++ is a programming language as is C, C#, VB, etc. Now a programming language is just an abstract representation of a set of machine instructions. Now G++ is a compiler for a language as is Visual Studio, and BloodShed Dev C++. A compiler takes the abstract representation and turns it into machine instructions (now of course their is a linker in there but I am just grouping it in with the compiler for now). So to summarize:
G++ - Linux C/C++ compiler
Dev C++ - Windows C/C++ compiler
MetroWorks CodeWarrior - Mac C/C++ compiler
Visual Studio - Look at the discussion earlier in this thread

Well - part of that I knew and part of that I had no idea! Specifically the MetroWorks Code Warrior (What the Devil! Thats a pretty silly name for a mainstream OS to give a compiler!) And G++ I must admit I thought was a Language up until DevilHack said it was a compiler. I did not know it was the Linux Compiler thought - I did not know that they all had different Comilers though I had an incling.

Very interesting! Thanks Traveller!

You should use "fstream.h" header file. After that you can search any pattern you want to find. Maybe like this code:

ifstream infile; /*Used for reading files, ofstream for writing to file fstream for both.*/
while(infile.peek!=EOF){
//then make loops here

}

Back
Top Bottom