Need help with batch

I like blue

Solid State Member
Hi I am in the progress of making a movie in batch and I have came across a problem with on line of code it doesn't finish displaying the line (is't an echo command) but instead skips it and closes the batch. This is the line casing the problem:
echo @@ @@@@@@ @@@@ / | \
(it's part of a picture of a plane).

Please can somebody help me get rid of this problem.

EDIT: There is more spaces in the code its just that they don't show in the post.

@ is a command telling a batch file to not echo a command back. In other words, MSDOS doesn't recognize "@" as text, it recognizes it as a command.

Not sure what else you could possibly use, but it can't be the @ symbol.

The @ symbol is only significant if it is the first character of a line. It tells the command interpreter not to display the line.

The problem you are encountering is due to the use of |in your bat file. That is known as a pipe operator and is used to direct output from one program as input to another. You need to find another symbol to use instead.

For instance: echo @@ @@@@@@ @@@@ / l \ will work because I substituted a lower case L. It won't look as good but it will work.

...or of course you could just put the echo string in speech marks... if you don't mind the speech marks being there of course.

Code:
echo "@@ @@@@@@ @@@@ / | \"

I'm not sure there's a way to escape things like this otherwise. Best thing to do would be to use another language - batch scripts weren't designed for this type of thing!

Back
Top Bottom