My monitor is messed up. :\

Compute101

BSOD
My laptop is a Gateway Solo and right now when I install Windows Xp It tells me that it is Finishing Installation. It says it has 39 min left when it does after like 5 minutes the monitor shuts off but the pc is running. Soausmeone tell me in like steps or in a form how to keep the monitor on while its finishing the installation I try pressing buttons to get the monitor back on but it doesnt come back form being Idol. I have the Battery plug, plugged in but its the not the battery Power thats causing the problem. PLEASE hElp me :rolleyes:

First of all, nothing is actually wrong with the monitor. Laptops shut down the monitor to save battery power when they don't detect user input for a set period of time. Usually moving the mouse or tapping the space bar will get it back. If that doesn't work, and some models and settings will not; you may have to tap the monitor key (usually a function key + another) or some other specialized function. The best advice is to get the user manual, usually available online from the manufacturer if you know the model number. I hope this helps you out.

Back
Top Bottom