Msn messenger :D

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
I want to know if there is some way you can chage the part where it says:

Quincy says: hello

to something like

Quincy speaks: hello

I want to change the "says" part :D and I have no idea how...

I write things for games but it's alot easier.. what I would do there is just open each individual file in notepad and search for "says" and change it.. but that's not the case in real programing :D

Thanks

-Q

Look at Reshack. Google Reshack and try to look at msnmgr.exe.

It's hacking, the easy way.

cool program. can it actually be done though? i cant see anything that obviously needs changing, then again i cant understand half of it. id like to try this aswell lol.

Ok, I don't know what i'm doing.. but I have tracked it down.

Please help :D

Open the reshacker and open Program files>msn messenger>
msgslang.8.1.0178.00.dll

Go down and click the + next to String Table. Then go down to 127, + it, and click on the file. There it will say

2030, "%1 says:"

on one of the lines. I think that's it :D. Don't ask me how I found it.. I'm just lucky when it comes to these kinds of things... I just clicked on 127 because it looked good at the time :p.

OK - I have NO IDEA what to do from here.
It asks me to compile it and, not knowing wtf that means, I just do it :p thinking that means it saves it.
But it doesn't and I figure one tries to save it?... I try to replace the .dll file with the
2030, "%1 says:"
changed to
2030, "%1 speaks:"

But for some reason it says:

Cannot creat F:/programfiles/ blah blah blah /messenger blah (The path is right)/ msgslang.8.1.0178.00.dll

And so I'm screwed...

Any ideas :D

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that this is a great program.. once I figure out how to do this computers will be even more fun :D I just have to watch some things...

-Q

OMFG!!

I got it! Thanks!

I've been trying to do save as and click on the file its self to replace it.

DUH :p

Just save it and your dreams will come true :D

THANKS SO MUCH!

-Q

Edited

I soon see that this is only for my computer :( Stupid me. I wanted it to say "Quincy speaks" on everyones computer and only say that they "says:" :(

Back
Top Bottom