Linux server/client programming

Argon

Baseband Member
Does anyone know of good online resources to help with programming server/client relationships in C? It involves message queues, fifo pipes, message sending between processes, and parent and client processes.
Thanks for your help!

Wow... errr... cannot say I do! Would be interesting to hear what you are thinking about doing with it though? Sounds very interesting.

sounds like a school project...

I'll post some info to help once I've dug it out of my old folders from my courses.

Yep it's for a school assignment. We have to program some retarded relationship involving the server being "Brad Pitt" and some clients messaging him, I dunno my prof is weird. Either way, he said there was a lot of info online about this topic, seeing as we haven't covered it at all in class. I, however, can't seem to find any, so I was wondering if anyone here knew.

Hmmm... well I have no idea about that :D Root's yuor man for that. I can see where you're coming from about your Professor though...

is this using BSD network sockets, (i.e Linux / Unix) or is this using the windows networking stuff, eg, MFC foundation programming? (microsoft network sockets?).

I wasn't no at all over the weekend, but i'll post some code for you tonight if you want.

duh...

having read the title again, just ignore my last post!!!

rather than me rtying to post everything from principals to code samlpes, can yuo be a little more specific as to what you are unclear of, and we can work from there...

Back
Top Bottom