Learning c++ online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clacker

BSOD
I'm an absolute novice when it comes to programming and I want to start learning. I want to learn online by reading about it and step by step guides on how to program. I don't mind learning c++ or just c.

Does anyone know any good sites for learning how to program? Also I would like to hear how you guys learnt how to program.

cplusplus.com - The C++ Resources Network is good. Although it is good to learn C++, you may find an easier time learning something like C#, Java or Python. You can build things much more quickly, such as web applications. C++ is a monster, and a very powerful one at that.

Again, I'm not saying don't learn it, I'm just saying that you may have more fun at a higher-level.

Also Microsoft's Visual C++ gives you really nice tools and a good tutorial, as well as the .NET Framework which is superb (IMO).

cplusplus.com - The C++ Resources Network is good. Although it is good to learn C++, you may find an easier time learning something like C#, Java or Python. You can build things much more quickly, such as web applications. C++ is a monster, and a very powerful one at that.

Again, I'm not saying don't learn it, I'm just saying that you may have more fun at a higher-level.

Also Microsoft's Visual C++ gives you really nice tools and a good tutorial, as well as the .NET Framework which is superb (IMO).

Well I'm only 15 I think Java or c# would be better. I don't suppose you have any links for online tutorials on them do you?? Sorry to be a pain :p

Well I'm only 15 I think Java or c# would be better. I don't suppose you have any links for online tutorials on them do you?? Sorry to be a pain :p

well, welcome young programmer-to-be!

I am not a Java developer, although I have developed in it before, but wouldn't be able to

In order of importance:
  1. Google
  2. C# vis MSDN
  3. Stack Overflow - caution, search before you ask and be respectful when you do or you will burn.
  4. Java - note. I'm not big on Java (yet... android may change this though), so i don't know what a good reference is, beyond the owner's manual.

well, welcome young programmer-to-be!

I am not a Java developer, although I have developed in it before, but wouldn't be able to

In order of importance:
  1. Google
  2. C# vis MSDN
  3. Stack Overflow - caution, search before you ask and be respectful when you do or you will burn.
  4. Java - note. I'm not big on Java (yet... android may change this though), so i don't know what a good reference is, beyond the owner's manual.

Thank you very much. +1

Hehe, I was like 9 years old when I started to learn some c++. I don't even remember why, but I wanted to create a game. Ended up creating a silly simple text adventure game. Could even "draw" a labyrinth, then there was a dot that had to be guided to the other side trough the maze.

Since that I have forgotten everything. Would like to learn that stuff again but I'm again 10 years older so that would take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom