Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-28-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Send a message via AIM to JBrehm Send a message via MSN to JBrehm Send a message via Yahoo to JBrehm
Default Java Script problem

wtf is java and what is it used for on my computer??? i try to get onto different sites and on many of them i can't see certain things because they say something like "java in not enabled" well i followed the directions several times to enable java, but nothing has worked, whats wrong with my computer and what can i do about it? responses asap would be extremely appreciated

JBrehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
Beta Member
Send a message via AIM to Daem0nX
Default Re: Java Script problem

Jave: Is an object-oriented programming language developed primarily by James Gosling and colleagues at Sun Microsystems. The language, initially called Oak (named after the oak trees outside Gosling's office), was intended to replace C++, although the feature set better resembles that of Objective C. Java should not be confused with JavaScript, which shares only the name and a similar C-like syntax. Sun Microsystems currently maintains and updates Java regularly.

How to dis/enable Java.

You may also need to download the JRE runtime from Sun for java to work on your pc if you don't have the required components.
Both questions took just a matter of mins to google. Best of luck.
Daem0nX is offline   Reply With Quote