Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Default Java -Extracting files?

So I was told that in order to undub/translate some games, I need to know programming, and Java is good enough. But they never actually taught me how to write the code. They said all game devs compressed them differently, so it will take a while, but is possible to extract them. One part of programming I must know is OOP (Object Oriented Programming).

Anybody have any idea how the code would look in java that would extract some type of compressed file? (Not talking about rar, or zip, more of the file ending with .dat)

I want to translate a game I recently got for my PSP. I already own the US version of the game, but it doesn't seem like the PSP one will be coming out to the US (reason why I bought the Japanese UMD), and now I want to translate it, or at least attempt to so I can carry the game with me.

If this is against the rules, then please tell me. Thank You.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
Site Team
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Java -Extracting files?

We haven't done anything like that in my classes at school yet. However we do use a program called Enterprise Architect (http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/) and it has reverse engineering capabilities. It's a little finiky but it does the job. They have a 30-day trial if you want to see if it helps you.
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote