I have heard rumors...

I seriously doubt that. There will always been a need for it here and will also be good money here in that field...

Yeah I totally agree, the idea of all the need being out sourced... eh. I highly doubt it. Although us Americans are known for our out sourcing... haha.

I doubt it...you have to be intelligent and well educated in order to be a decent programmer. At least a basic college degree in it...

That's a little different than employing a sweatshop worker without a high school education to make Nikes for 2 cents an hour.

I politely disagree.

You don't need a basic college degree in any course in order to be a decent programmer. That's the beauty of it.

Most companies say the minimum requirements are bachelors in computer science yadda yadda, however, right beside that they will have "or proven experience" because they know that you don't need to go to school to be a good programmer. There are programmers who learn on their own.

Although, having that fancy diploma would still look nice.

One thing I was thinking was that in many years from now, computers will become so common place (even more than they already are), that programmers will be paid less because it will such a common thing to do. Years later, it could be the case that programming will have become common knowledge and therefore more similar to unskilled labor. I mean many, many years later, like next century. This is just a THOUGHT though. I'm just speculating about remote possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom