How Could I Create A Video Game Like WolfQuest?

XenonFreek

Beta member
So I was playing a game called WolfQuest today for about a half hour, and I realized how TERRIBLE it is (just my opinion.) I think the idea of the game is awesome, but the game itself isn't that great.

What programming language would you use to make a game like that? I'm thinking of maybe trying to make a game where you play as an animal in the wilderness like WolfQuest (except a lot better) and try to sell it. How would I do that?

Your post comes from the perspective of someone who hasn't really done much (if any) programming before. If this is the case then I'd take a step back, learning to program isn't something that can be done overnight to the level of making a game like wolfquest (just seen it from a quick Google.) You need to work your way up with more basic programs first, and it'll probably take years for you to get to the level where you're competent at coding something like the above.

That's not trying to put you off, when you get into it programming is an incredibly rewarding thing. But don't start today and expect to write and sell a best seller next week!

To answer the question more directly, any popular language would be fine for that sort of thing. Java, C# and C++ could all produce a 3D accelerated game like Wolfquest.

Well I've done HTML but I suppose that doesn't count. anyway i wasn't expecting for it to be done overnight. Thanks for the reply

Well I've done HTML but I suppose that doesn't count.
Without meaning to sound demeaning, it doesn't really - it's a markup language not a programming language (programming languages require a completely different way of thinking.) You may not be expecting to do it overnight but start off with a project this big and you'll just get frustrated and drop it. You need to work up from smaller things first :)

So I was playing a game called WolfQuest today for about a half hour, and I realized how TERRIBLE it is (just my opinion.) I think the idea of the game is awesome, but the game itself isn't that great.

What programming language would you use to make a game like that? I'm thinking of maybe trying to make a game where you play as an animal in the wilderness like WolfQuest (except a lot better) and try to sell it. How would I do that?

Unity...unity...unity... That is the place to start if you want to make a game. That is were i started and that is where every individual should start imo. There are a lot of tutorials that help you out to start. And it uses three programming languages (c#, javascript (also called unity script) , and boo ). if u need any other info please dont hesitate to ask

Back
Top Bottom