How 2 make a language?

Thanks

I think i might avoid making my own language! but what about making your own file types? that must be easier! :D :confused:

it really depends on what you mean by file types, if you mean your own extension... go ahead mak one up, rename all your file and associate the files with the application that would have opened the files before you renamed them all...

if you mean your own file types as in from scratch, then it really depends on what you are storing and how you want it stored...

plain text tables are the easiest thing to store, just choose text delimiters that can't be typed...

look up document-type-definitions (dtd) for xml. These are used for a lot of file types. sadly, i don't know of any tutorial on them except the zvon one which is hard to understand.

I am currently making a programming lauguage similar to BASIC. Or at least I was until I discovered Dark Basic and reilized that someone had already created one. If you want a modifiable language, try Java. You can hack into the library files and modify them. I have found that most of the languages around satisfy my needs.

Okay, I need to say something...You are all lazy bums, except for whomever asked the question. Don't just give a language that you like. Here, this will get you started. Go to www.libertybasic.com and download LibertyBASIC. Learn LibertyBASIC(1/2 hr) and then go to http://www.leopardprogramming.com/source.php and download the source code for a programming language created in BASIC. Take it apart, and add stuff that you like. That should get you started.

Back
Top Bottom