Help Computer Languages Easiest to Most Complex

grantbauer88

Solid State Member
I just loaded Fedora Core 4 to one of my systems and noticed it has some pretty sweet manuals for computer programing and computer languages, I want to start learning these, but I don't want to go from hardest to easiest, I want to find an order of easiest to hardest, then set goals and work my way up the list. If anybody could help me compile a list that would be great.

Thanks,
GrantBauer88

grantbauer88 said:
I just loaded Fedora Core 4 to one of my systems and noticed it has some pretty sweet manuals for computer programing and computer languages, I want to start learning these, but I don't want to go from hardest to easiest, I want to find an order of easiest to hardest, then set goals and work my way up the list. If anybody could help me compile a list that would be great.

Thanks,
GrantBauer88

Good sir, there isn't a "harder/easier" there are somethings that make a language seem more complex, but then again, you can start someone off on Windows and you can start someone off with Unix, in the end, they'll say the one they started with is easier than the other. But I am kinda in this fashion (this is how I did my stepping process) Perl, Basic, VB, C/C++, Java, PHP, Python, OCaml... and then add some languages here and there. I personally favour C/C++ because it's sturdy, strong, efficent, and reliable. I have mosied on over to the C# side, and I very much dislike it. What I would suggest, learn Basic then C then C++. Next I say, somehere in your lines of time learn Java, PHP, Python, and Perl... OCaml is not the same kind of programming, actually it's like latin, it's a dead language that no one cares to support.

Sorry to hijack the thread...

Why don't you like C#, can I ask? I'm not taking a swipe at you for disliking it, it's just I was thinking of giving it a try.

malbuc87uk, due to ignorance, and that it is microsofts attempt to rip off the standard C++. I do plan to one day look into it so I can stop saying "I hate this because I am ignorant about the subject". Hey, atleast I am man enough to admit right?

Back
Top Bottom