Hello I have a question.

If you have access to Visual Basic, vb 2005 express (msdn.com / free download)

it is pretty easy and you can make forms and windows really easilly, I would recommend it. It's what i learned first.

The language itself is almost english

Or you can try looking up w3schools since you say that you are familiar with html. This way you can build off of what you already know and learn new languages along the way.

-Maverik

C++ sucks to learn first. it takes a bit of programming knowledge first. Python is more human friendly

george said:
C++ sucks to learn first. it takes a bit of programming knowledge first. Python is more human friendly
I'm actually currently learning c++ and this is the first programming language I've ever started to learn. It really isn't that hard for me but I guess everyone is different.

yeah but why don't you try python you can make bigger better programs but with all the crappy kina language eg. <iostream> crap like that can get confusing in big programs.

c++ isn't hard, just annoying. (then again, so is every other language) the c++ standard libraries lack a lot of things that are needed today. for example multithreading or networking libraries. java comes with _many_ libraries and python can simply be extended to include c libraries.

it isn't human friendlyness thats the only criteria. its also what we can do in a language and how fast we can implement what we need. on some projects c++ is better than c despite that neither is very human friendly.

First Know about programming

You have to first know about programming and what do want with that?
Have u knowledge of Flow-chart ? I suggest first learn the flow chart . then you will come to know how to formulate the problems. Then after you can start any one of following :
1. HTML + jscript or vbscript [0]
2. PHP [1]
3. C ( c is great programming language, and while learning c, u can master of every aspect of programming. C is also a good ladder for learning another languages like C++, java, vc++ etc.) [2]
4. Visual Basic ( Visual basic is easy to learn , to learn it u should also know the idea of window programming,i.e, event-driven approach. Any good book for beginner is enough to get all ideas.) [3]

best of wishes [4]
bye

C++ is the best language to learn first, because it helps to condition your brain for other languages. I learned it at the age of 11, and so if an 11 year old can learn it, it has to be easy. I have never used python or php, so I can't judge them, but I think C++ or Java are the best languages to learn first.

Back
Top Bottom