Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Denthúl Send a message via MSN to Denthúl Send a message via Yahoo to Denthúl
Default Re: Group coding project

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry120 View Post
I agree with the idea of encryption, definitely - the exact algorithm / implementation though isn't really worth discussing at this point! That will only come after we've got a stable, fully working plain text version...
Of course, of course. I was just using them as an example

I am perhaps getting a little too excited too early about this, but I think it is the kind of thing I would like to take on, for sure.

Denthúl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Denthúl Send a message via MSN to Denthúl Send a message via Yahoo to Denthúl

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I take it nobody is still interested in doing this? Really looking for a thing or two to work on at the moment that isn't work-related so if people would still be up for this and berry120 is willing and able to put some time in to it, would anyone want to give it a shot?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #13
Site Team

I haven't had anyone else contact me about this and considering I'm rather pushed for time at the moment I've just left it for now. If I get a sudden surge of interest I'll be prepared to give things a second look, but otherwise it's (unfortunately) hard to justify the time at present.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Fair enough. I'll have to look out for another project I can put some time and effort in to, then.

Thanks anyway.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
Beta Member

Cool idea ;-) have lot of motivation, energy and enjoy coding and realizing your project(s) ;-)
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Fair enough. I'll have to look out for another project I can put some time and effort in to, then.
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with

If anything does come up, I'll let you know. I'd say you could jump in on the project I'm working on at the moment, but it's not seeing a huge amount of activity due to other commitments at the moment and it's also not really a beginners project (most of the tasks require a pretty in depth understanding - there's not many trivial ones unfortunately.)
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry120 View Post
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with

If anything does come up, I'll let you know. I'd say you could jump in on the project I'm working on at the moment, but it's not seeing a huge amount of activity due to other commitments at the moment and it's also not really a beginners project (most of the tasks require a pretty in depth understanding - there's not many trivial ones unfortunately.)
Thanks.

I've just agreed to help a friend write a GUI front-end for pacman and an AUR/CPAN helper for Arch Linux, which should be fun, and I'm tempted to put together a GUI installer to go with the LiveCD project that I'm considering undertaking. Probably dropping myself in at the deep end, but it would give me a chance to expand on my current knowledge and contribute back to the community at the same time. Would definitely be interested in hearing about anything you have that I might be able to help out with as I'm trying to keep my coding constant, even if only on small things, just so that concepts are fresh in my mind.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #18
Baseband Member

Sure, I'd be interested. I guess I could help out with the PHP side of things even though I am still no expert.