Go language: What do you think?

Ah, in that case fair enough. I thought you didn't know any languages yet and were looking to position yourself to learn one to get started.

Of course, if you're interested in GO and want to give it a try regardless to see what it's like, GO (sorry, can't help it!) for it! It's always interesting learning a new language like that even though it may not be terribly useful in the future.

On the contrary, this might be a good language to pick up for that very reason. It'll be easy (I comfortably went straight into programming a small-ish project in C# by just reading a small article about language differences) and once you've got the hang of it you can put another language on your CV.

Fair enough. I still think it's a long shot for it to become very popular, it is new but I just can't see enough of a niche for it to fill. Microsoft and Oracle are already battling it out on the .NET/Java front, and while Google has enormous prowess on the technical front I'm not convinced they'll be able to push it in amongst the others. Then again, I could be wrong, it's a hard one to judge.

Indeed and I do intend to do more with Java, especially on the Android side. If it's one thing that I like about PHP, I like interpreted style, so that's why at home I'm trying to work with something like Python exclusively. It's just fast and nimble for small to medium sized apps.

So in what environment do you work on a day to day basis?

In a word, Java. I've dabbled around in other languages when they've been more suited to the task but as a de facto language I do the vast majority of my work in it.

In a word, Java. I've dabbled around in other languages when they've been more suited to the task but as a de facto language I do the vast majority of my work in it.

i figured, but wasn't sure. Java is on the to-do list for me.

Back
Top Bottom