Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Frankenstein: a live web search

I have an idea for a piece of work I would like to make for the upcoming exhibition. It will involve programming/coding. I would appreciate some advice about whether my idea is feasible and what language/software I should use.

The idea: one after another, each word from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein text will be entered into a google search, and the first webpage result shall be opened. I shall exclude words such as it, a, and, I, they etc. Each space between a word will trigger a new tab for a new google search. And full stops (the end of the sentence) will close all the tabs, and will start a new line of google searches.

Does this sound achievable? If so, which programming language should I use? Please let me know if I should explain more. Iíll be using a Mac OS.

rlkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #2
Solid State Member

Default Re: Frankenstein: a live web search

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlkain View Post
I have an idea for a piece of work I would like to make for the upcoming exhibition. It will involve programming/coding. I would appreciate some advice about whether my idea is feasible and what language/software I should use.

The idea: one after another, each word from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein text will be entered into a google search, and the first webpage result shall be opened. I shall exclude words such as it, a, and, I, they etc. Each space between a word will trigger a new tab for a new google search. And full stops (the end of the sentence) will close all the tabs, and will start a new line of google searches.

Does this sound achievable? If so, which programming language should I use? Please let me know if I should explain more. Iíll be using a Mac OS.
Seeing as you're dealing entirely with the web, you could try PHP/JavaScript but you might hit issues with closing tabs..
litephase is offline   Reply With Quote