Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 AM   #1
Beta Member

Exclamation dvd burner issue/problem

i recently bought a computer from a friend of mine. its a very beautiful thing, he built it from scratch or something. its a thermaltake xaser. anyways, when he gave it to me, i upgraded the hard drive to a 250GB. i reformatted the computer and installed all the drivers that appease as yellow exclamation marks in my device manager. i installed all the programs i wanted and everything was fine. but i noticed a while after that my dvd burners werent working in a way. i can put dvd's in, watch them with no problem. same for cds and games. but if i want to BURN anything to a cd or dvd, it doesnt work at all, ive tried everything. the worst part is i have 2 dvd burners, and both are different products and have the exact same issues, the will read anything but wont burn anything. both dvd burners worked fine on my older computer though.

thank-you in advance people

bladdder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: dvd burner issue/problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladdder View Post
i recently bought a computer from a friend of mine. its a very beautiful thing, he built it from scratch or something. its a thermaltake xaser. anyways, when he gave it to me, i upgraded the hard drive to a 250GB. i reformatted the computer and installed all the drivers that appease as yellow exclamation marks in my device manager. i installed all the programs i wanted and everything was fine. but i noticed a while after that my dvd burners werent working in a way. i can put dvd's in, watch them with no problem. same for cds and games. but if i want to BURN anything to a cd or dvd, it doesnt work at all, ive tried everything. the worst part is i have 2 dvd burners, and both are different products and have the exact same issues, the will read anything but wont burn anything. both dvd burners worked fine on my older computer though.

thank-you in advance people
id say its a conflict of programs in your system ive had a problem like this before. when i installed this program to get the video off VHS's my window media play didnt work. try using differ programs for burning
tenkichi is offline   Reply With Quote