Distributed System using M$ Access

Mr.Si

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I have another little "project" which I'd like to implement for my work. It consists of me writing an Access Database program which willl allow for us to book projects and enquiries by clients of ours, print forms, create quotes in M$ word and create invoices in M$ word also. And possibly even show a diary of when clients are booked in.

The thing is, I'd like it to work as a distributed system which will sit on the server and enable each user on the domain to to have full access to the db via a GUI and have immediate access to updates, should an entry to the databse be made.

This would enable a very powerful tool for a business which has recently lost hardcopy files of jobs recently carried out and also has trouble tracing if the project has been completed, paperwork wise.

My question to you all is...

Can this be done in access alone? (I have just bought the Access 2003 "Bible" which talks about client-server applications, which I think will be the same thing).

I was talking to a friend lastnight on MSN and he was talking about having a VB interface to control the M$ Access dbase.

ummm, I answered this on another forum... how far have you got with this?

I've just bought the Access 2003 Bible and am currently reading up on it while also being in the design stages, just created a few tables so far. (trying to keep them normalised on the way).

Back
Top Bottom