Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Design waveform viewer

I am new to programming. I just need to know what to do to get me started!

- I have a scientific data file (.csv) containing sixteen columns of 100,000 points. I want to design a software application to access this data file, choose 4 columns out of all and plot data putting one column as x axis and rest as y axis.
-I would like to zoom in, out, put cursor etc.
-I used National Instruments in the past but NI controls are limited in functionality and I am struggling to achieve my results. All I would like is a software application to access data and do analysis and interrogation on it. I would greatly appreciate if someone could give some feedback on following:
1) Are there in-built waveform charts/graphs in C#/Java/python or any programming language with all zoom in/out, cursor functions?
2) If I want to design a new control e.g waveform chart, how do we do it in programming language? By this, I mean any control. We always have lots of controls shipped with a development environment. But what if, we want set of new controls, how do we design them, populate them in development environment libraries and program them to achieve desired functionality e.g floating point indicator, Boolean on/off, graph/chart?
Thank you very much

K.Waris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Design waveform viewer

Welcome to the Computer Forums!
There is a lot you are going to have to learn before you even come close to that.
(I have trouble getting drag and drop to work well in my interfaces, and thats a billion times more simple than what you are wanting to do.)

That said, its not impossible. You may want to look for existing software to help you first, as there might be some type of software to read your data.
Working on new projects and expanding our horizons. Come by and see what we're up to now. www.multirotorplatforms.com/forum.php
Draygoes is offline   Reply With Quote