Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default CSS Templates?

Ok I'm very new to CSS, here's the deal.
I'm trying to teach myself a few things about website creation so I decided to download a CSS template. I created some BS free website so I could figure everything out. I used filezilla to upload everything (index.html file, css file, and images.) However, when you go to the website there are no images, the background is not correct and it's basically a skeleton of what it should be.

What it should look like ---> http://www.freecsstemplates.org/preview/widgetlike

What it does look like ---> http://hahaha.mypagerocks.com/

Thanks in advance guys I really appreciate it.

thfc1799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Daeva Send a message via MSN to Daeva Send a message via Yahoo to Daeva
Default Re: CSS Templates?

Ok, a couple of things. First of all the <!DOCTYPE> declaration should be the very first line that appears in your code. Whatever banner advertisement you have needs to come after your body tag. Secondly, your css file and your images are not linked in any way to the html.
You need a line in the <head></head> section of your document that looks similar to this:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="yourcssfile.css" />

Also if you can, that footer should also go within the <body></body> tags of your document.

**Official Self-proclaimed glorified excessive (insert additional adjectives here) post editor/modifier.
Edit = Best feature ever
Daeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to wmorri
Default Re: CSS Templates?

Going along with what Daeva said, I would recommend that you have a look at W3schools.com. This will help you out a lot. This is the website that is put together by the people that make decisions about what code should look like on line.

They have a HTML Validation, and also a CSS Validation for people to you. So you can get help with them.

Linux Forever!

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote