Comparison...

efeyetisener

Beta member
i wanna take up programming for just general personal usage.. can u guys give me some advice on which one i should learn??
Python etc..

Python, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
Java, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
C, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
LISP, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
Mono, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
C++, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
Ruby, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
Visual Basic, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
Miranda, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
PHP, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.
Tcl, no doubts. Easy, powerful, loads of Tools for it.

i'm starting to have doubts.....

Haha. Python is old, Java is low brow, C is hard, LISP sounds crazy, Mono I've never heard of, C++ is hard, Ruby is very rare and hard to implement, Visual Basic is a bit simple, not so powerful, Miranda is a woman, PHP is a Web Programming Language but would be a good idea I suppose, and what the devil is TCL? :D

C# is easy, works powerfully, has easy to find .NET Tools, can be written in the free Visual Studio 2005, works on Windows great, not sure if it works on Linux but that wouldn't be too much of a loss, and it is seriously simple to learn, and great for then learning C++. Visual Basic is much the same, but it is very different and would not make it easier to learn C++ afterwards.

I'm learning C++, I got sick of VB after using it in school for a couple of years.

C++ is powerful but it gets complicated, so watch yourself.

For some reasons, Universities throw Java at you, can't think why because it's cack really.

Haha. I don't like Google and you know that :D I'd MSN Search it, but I really don't have time. If you haven't seen, we have about three Moderators who are getting Moderitus and fear I'm undermining them :p

C++ would be the best bet I think... but C# would be the easiest, and you could move onto C++ from there. There are no end of Microsoft books on it too!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha. I don't like Google and you know that :D I'd MSN Search it, but I really don't have time. If you haven't seen, we have about three Moderators who are getting Moderitus and fear I'm undermining them :p

oh right, sorry. For a while I was in happy land and forgot MSN exist'd. Good luck with the Moderators....what am I saying? Its the Moderators who need luck! Happy sailing :cool:

Lord Kalthorn said:
C++ would be the best bet I think... but C# would be the easiest, and you could move onto C++ from there. There are no end of Microsoft books on it too!
A bit on Mono, its an attempt to make an open source version of .Net and bring C# to Linux...I think....

Haha, I think I'm the one who needs luck.

Oh yeah! I know Mono now. It's not really a programming language though, it is an Assembly to run ASPX on Apache. The programming language of it is ASPX and .NET.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha, I think I'm the one who needs luck.

No you don't. You are the Lord Kalthorn who has defeated Gods and Goddesses with a single blow! Emperors drop to their knees and beseech ye for mercy! Its them who need luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom