Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-19-2006, 04:27 AM   #1
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Logan Send a message via MSN to Logan
Default C/c++

Everything i've seen refers to C/C++. I recognize that C and C++ are separate programming languages but why are they refered to as the same thing?? In a program can you interchange either language such as using a printf() in a C++ source file, or anything like that? Also, recently i've been reading a book on game programming that says it uses mainly C but a little C++ where DirectX requires it. How does that work? I'm also having trouble deciding what else i need to learn. It goes straight from beginning to advanced and, due to the fact that i'm learning mainly from books, i read the beginning book and learned what there was to learn but i can't understand a thing in the advanced books. Any help or advice offered would be muh appreciated.

So it Goes.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to RewtGuy
Default Re: C/c++

c and c++ aren't really seperate languages. It's like an expansion pack of a game. You can use c code in c++ but not vice versa. You can wrap c code in c++ too. You'd have to include the right headers / libraries to use printf(); but yeah, you could use it in c++.
Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.
RewtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote