C++ or C

bullfrog-xv

Beta member
I have decided to learn C or C++, but i do not really know which is better to learn one reason is because i dont know what object orientated programing is and its advantages. Can any one tell me the difference and give me some links to some good tutorials.
thanks in advance
The frog

I'd say C++. Object oriented programming becomes very useful as you learn more, even though I'm not really at the advanced level.

C has an outdated clumsy syntax and is just boring to use imho. It also doesn't have the new features of C++ like the string library or Classes. It's not OO, it's procedural, which has its limitations.

C is faster though. But I've tried both and C++ is so much better, if a little complicated at times. C++ is also more streamlined, and this makes it easier because things can be done with less code.

If you hadn't guessed already, C++ is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

If you really want to get into C++, it's a good language for beginners, but somethings are quite frustrating and disasturous if not used properly.

malbuc brings up a few good points about C, but C is faster than C++ not the other way around. C's code is simpiler and easier to use than C++. C++ does incorporate everything from C except for a few changes.

Back
Top Bottom