Best to learn first

or You can try php.
Its verry well documented and has a shitoad of tutorials,
its easy.
Its a server side scripting laguage, maybe not the best choicefor You, but still I think its a good one..

pros:
easy, free, and you can learn oop and how it works.
can be used for many things

cons:
not as good as c++, or c# or python

why not c++ or c# -> they are a bit hard for a start.
Not impossible, but You can learn php without books, and afterwards I would suggest learning c++.

Python, then move up to something like Java, then C.

I started with C, though. Still love it to this day.

I'm very curious in programing. Where should i start learning Python?

(I Already know html, java, java script)

Kasper, I am curious. Why don't you stick with the line that you are already on. The next logical step would be to move into server side programming. Learning PHP, and maybe down the road you will get into SQL. You are well on your way with htlm, java, and javascript so keep going with that line if you want to.

Cheers!

This is what I think personally. If anybody wants to refute this, go ahead because it will provide good information for the starter of this thread:

Go buy an introductory programming in C++ college course textbook and start in C++. Download Dev-cpp compiler (free GNU) or a different one if you have a preference. I know there are many ways to get good at programming, and there are many languages that would be good for starting, but most good programmers with college degrees started in C++. This is what lots of universities start their students on. I don't know if C++ is the absolute BEST to start with, but its guaranteed to cover mostly all of the programming concepts you need to know such as the following: data, data-types, variables/storage, arrays, loops, recursion, functions, references, pointers, structures, intro to OOP, and external files... and more. Take a good year to learn these concepts in C++ before moving on to other languages. Learning new languages does not necessarily mean you are expanding your programming skills. Learning new CONCEPTS in the same language is what I would recommend to expand your skills. So when you want to learn something new, pick a concept and not a language.

Personally, I started in Scheme, but when I got into C++, it was VERY difficult for me to get used to a relatively lower level language. The lower-level the language is, the better off you'll be in the long run, but it will be harder at first. Starting in a higher-level language will cause you to over look some important concepts.

This will start you out pretty good.

I still think Python would be a better language to learn first. Python has a very simple interface and it will be good to teach the very basics of programming. I think you need to be able to sort of think like a programmer before heading into C++. I personally started with VB and it was great, but once I learned Python I wish I had started with that.

It really doesn't matter. I would personally suggest learning a lower level language first. If you learn a high level language first, all it means is that you could have trouble with the lower level languages later on because you could overlooked some concepts. For example, I learned Scheme first, which is pretty high level. When I got into C++, I had lots of trouble with arrays because Scheme handles the array sizes for you, whereas in C++ you have to declare the size of the array before using it. Which ever language you choose, make sure you learn those concepts I listed in my most recent post on this thread (2 up from this one). The only problem I could imagine by taking my advice and choosing C++ first is that you might decide that programming isn't for you because C++ can be difficult for beginners. Also, I would still try to find some kind of college level beginner's textbook. Just don't give up no matter which language you choose. I hope these posts from us on this thread help you out.

Back
Top Bottom