Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Gcreeper314
Default Become A+ Certified, worth taking a course???

Hey guys i want to be A+ Certified and i was wondering if u guys think its worth paying and taking a course or just buying a book and study? The course they are offering is 8 months long and it will run me about $600 something for the whole course. The course doesnt give u the test to be A+ certified but just prepares u for it. From there u got to go take the test elsewhere. what do u guys think i should do? I know its my choice but i just want some opinions. Thanks

Gcreeper314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Become A+ Certified worth taking a course???

if money is an issue for you, then i would suggest just buying the book, studying, and taking the exam. if you fail it horribly, then maybe consider taking the prep class for the $600 after that.

Antec 300 Case, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, PNY 4GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5550 1GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 32MB cache, 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

You dont need to pay that amount of money for a course. As long as your disciplined with the study then you can pass (i know coz ive done it lol)
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Yeah i've done quite a few practice tests (dont have money for exam yet) and their like, kindergarten computer skills.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Yeah i've done quite a few practice tests (dont have money for exam yet) and their like, kindergarten computer skills.
How can ya even say that unless ya have passed it lol, do ya think ya online practice questions are the same? Wake up lol, unless ya use braindumps(which is cheating) it aint so easy
Old 11-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
Solid State Member

well I'd say its worth it. The hardware is very easy, but the software is more difficult. They ask you networking questions and what not as well. I'm working on getting a few other certifcations at the moment. MSCE, MCP, Ca etc.
bammerchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammerchapman
well I'd say its worth it. The hardware is very easy, but the software is more difficult. They ask you networking questions and what not as well. I'm working on getting a few other certifcations at the moment. MSCE, MCP, Ca etc.
I was the other way round lol, i thought the OS was easier, i got loads of questions about ISA speeds and other early stuff when i done mine tho
Old 11-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Solid State Member

Honestly... I wouldn't spend the money. Just buy the book and study it. The test is not THAT hard. It was more nerve racking for me than it was hard, but that's just because my boss would have ragged me constantly if I hadn't passed.

iprefernerd is offline   Reply With Quote