Any Computer Analysts Out There?

batman3

Beta member
I was thinking about entering this field. I am going to community college this fall and was thinking about studying Computer Science.

I really enjoy the internet and messing around on the computer, but I really don't know to much technical stuff about them. Is this job for me?

Is it hard to become a Computer Analyst?
What are your job duties?

Thanks,
Matt

I'm not a computer analyst but I do have a good friend who is. I talked to him about the field and he said it's something that's not like uber exciting. You pretty much analyze code for mistakes/errors. He said it's not too hard to become a computer analyst; you have to know programming pretty well. I think (personal opinion of course) that good computer related jobs out there are software and hardware engineering. Programming and IT and others will just be a bore as they'll be a routine.

I'm attending college this fall for Computer Science. Just because there is alot of programming involved does not mean you'll be a programmer. The college im atteding will give me a Associates degree in Computer science, then all the classes will transfer to a 4- year university. Im also planning on getting a Technical certificate for computer tech.

Computer scientists work as software engineers for applications, software engineers for systems, researchers, systems analysts, and database administrators.

I have alot of math to take, and then alot of programming. I have to take Classes for : PASCAL, Java and C++, havent looked to see what i will have to take when i transfer.

Back
Top Bottom