AAS in programming?

dvu714

Baseband Member
Hey whats up guys/gals. I wanted to know if an AAS in computer programming is marketable for getting a job. Or should i go with an AA and then transfer to a
university? I am actually planning to move in a couple of years and would hope to be able to land an entry level job as a programmer. I know its kind of hard getting a job without any experience.

Here is what the AAS program looks like.
http://csci.hccs.edu/public/students/programs/AppDevCAAS04.htm

My original plan was to get the AA with the transfer option. i can chose 20 units as electives, so id take the fundamentals, object-oriented programming, and xml/asp classes. Then move (back to california), apply for a job and maybe finish up for a bachelors.

The main objective is to be able to get a job when i move.

So should what direction should i go with?

TIA.

When i go off to TSTC in fall im going for an AAS in Computer Science as well and im also wondering about the availability of jobs :)

whats up Stinkles. Check if TSTC has a coop/intern program. I found out my school has that and they will hook you up with an employer while you are going to school, which is really cool. Plus you get paid, but i doubt its much. The main thing is real world experience. Hopefully they have it. Good luck dude.

Back
Top Bottom