2 vistas set up on one laptop need 2 delete one how?

nick_w

In Runtime
hi my vista was not set up properly because the laptop ran out of battery when installing it. i reinstalled it but now have an option to run 2 copys of windows vista how do i delete one copy thanks

im not 2 sure what partitioning is i was just installing vista on it thinking it would get rid of my problems i think the laptop has 2 hard drives it has 1 C: which is 142Gb and D which is 149Gb im still i n00b trying to get rid of this problem.

I don't think it is 2HDDs. It's hard to find a laptop with 2. I think it may just be a partition. Here's what you can do (this will require a re installation). Boot the laptop from the Vista CD. Then it will ask you to do an installation (never installed vista, going from what I know of XP), a screen will pop up asking you what partition you want it installed on. Here, you can delete all of your partitions. And you can re-partition the system. Put like 80GB for Vista, and the rest on another partition where you can use for File Storage (this way, next time you reformat, you don't have to worry about backing up data). Format the 2 partitions as NTFS. Then install Vista.

Back
Top Bottom