11-year old mediocre programmer

It's made in a primarily graphic interface, and is very basic. You would be /much/ better off learning C++, as it gives you a better idea of how other languages work in my opinion

Are you sure you're thinking of C?! Sounds to me like a completely different language - one very different to C!

True, but that's why I think C forces good habits. Other languages baby you, but in C you have to be conscious of good practices, otherwise not even you will be able to make heads or tails of your code and why it's not working as it should.

I don't think C is something to code in for years before you progress to another language, but it helps you understand the underlying structure behind the things it doesn't have (as you have to make it yourself if you want it).

Not really - a lot of the time you'll be just tempted to ignore the memory issues that crop up every few runs rather than dealing with them.

Even if it does, it would only show good habits for procedural languages - for all others it would be bad. So it's not really good for teaching any modern language like Java, C#, etc., the conventions and style of programming in these are very different.

Back
Top Bottom