Go Back   Computer Forums > Product Reviews
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice
Default TracFone Review

OK, I was bored so I decided to go to the drugstore and see how easy it is to buy a prepaid phone. So I got a 10 dollar tracfone, it's a simple motorola phone, color screen, and you load it up with a fastcard.

So I go in, I had 35 dollars on me, and I got the phone, a 20 dollar card (60 "units" value) and a mountian dew. I got home, and got the phone activated in a few minutes. It came with 10 units free with activation. (1 unit = 1 minute, and a text message uses .3 units) I did have to call a number to activate it. I guess if I was trying to do something secret with the phone, I could use a pay phone. It did ask for a secondary number and a zipcode, but like I said if I was on the run or something i'd say the payphone number and the payphone zipcode. It took like 5 minutes to get the phone working, then the rest is really easy actually. Theres a place in the phone where you can enter the code on that 20 dollar card that I bought, I entered it and in about a minute it added my minutes.

So basically it's a easy to buy phone, easy to load up minutes, and since its so cheap you can just throw it away when you need to. I will be buying one for my cousin (he is 12, and has no cellphone) he already knows alot about fast cards, since he uses them for points on maple story.

So it's a good phone for your kids or if you need to have a phone quick. Also good for vacations, when you get to your destination, just buy one and activate it at the hotel phone, then do whatever you want to with it afterwards.

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: TracFone Review

My girlfriend has a TracFone and it's great. She gets service anywhere and the voice quality is quite good. The best thing about it is incoming texts are free!

Intel Quad 6600, Asus P5N-E SLI, GeForce GTX 560 1GB, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Zalman 9700NT, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, 650 watt PSU
Szat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to CompMan

The only thing bad about them IMO is the phones. They don't have all the cool phones like the other carriers.
|Intel Q6600@3.0ghz||ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA||2GiG Corsair XM2 DDR2 800||EvGa 8800GTS||36gig Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm||Ultra X2 connect 550W modular psu||Thermaltake Tsunami Case|Vista 64bit|
Windows has Blue screens, Mac has grey screens, and CF has White screens!!
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT Titanium Grey, Greddy Exhaust, AEM cold air intake
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

who needs a good phone with them, if they're gunna buy the phone for like 20 bucks and then throw it out in like a few weeks
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote