Review Ipod video Nano 3G

I Picked up this Ipod for about $280 (AU$) from the local dick smiths

The first thing i noticed was the packaging,a Full plastic curved box,with the ipod displayed n the front transparent section and the acsessories in the the sealed section.

When i opened,i was astonished at the weight,weighing only 48 Grams! Its insanely thin aswell,Only 70mm thin!

I Switched it on and noticed the beutiful 320 x 240 pixel resolution screen,then it asked me some questions,and then it was all ready to use!

When i opened up the second half of the box it came with a USB Cable,Some headphones (Were quite crappy :mad: ) and a universal dock adaptor.

When i got it home i plugged it into my PC and downloaded iTunes,and installed it.Now i dont know why,but when iTunes went through my music library,it came up with Quadruplets of EVERYTHING! So i had to go through everything and delete 3 of each song,Not impressed!

After i synced my movies,music and photo's the first thing i went to go see was the sound quality,at first i was very dissaponted,but then i changed the EQ and now it's pretty good,but it doesnt have the Good bass that the Creative zen does.the Screen for photo's and movies it is the BEST i have seen on a Mp3 player,its pretty good for watching movies on too!

overall score 7

Good's:

great software
Games
many many features
Text reader
Very good screen
VERY Good UI

bad's:

The Sound could be better
clickwheel can be 'interesting' to use

Hmm, it's not the sound that's the problem, it's the headphones. The iPod headphones are crap. Get some nice headphones because the iPod really has great sound quality. I use phillips noise cancelling headphones... really has great sound quality when you have the right headphones.

Lol well I have a 2nd Gen nano and a PSP and I know the iPod sounds WAY better. Not sure what kind of headphones those are (bad link) but I reccomend some philips noise cancelling headphones or maybe shure's

But thats just me i'm an audiophile so I wouldn't even touch the iPod earphones because they are so crappy lol.

My clickwheel abnormally screws up at random times; changing the volume dramatically. Under cons when you said "clickwheel can be "interesting" to use", if that was a bad thing are you experiencing what I'm experiencing?

No,Just when you are listening to music and surfing the menu's it it is sometimes unresponsive.If your ipod is still under warranty,i would go get it checked out.

Back
Top Bottom