Review: 2007 Chevrolet C6 Corvette

Jenox

BSOD
So, I got to drive, and ride in, an 07' Chevy C6 Corvette today. Today was my Grandma's Birthday, and as a 'surprise' kind of thing my mom invited all of my grandma's family from Idaho to come over and celebrate with us. Well, turns out my 2nd Cousin Steve, owns 2 Corvettes, a 97' C5 Z06, and an 07' C6 Vette. Well, after some talking with him and what not, he said, "So, lets take you for a ride." (Yes, I have pictures!) Well, as quite possibly the best "first impression" ever, (on a side note my grandma lives in the boonies so lots of open roads) he FLOORS it. Instant slam into the seat. REALLY AWESOME! It felt like we went from 0-60 in like 2 seconds, was awesome! I loved the thing. So, we're cruisin around, he pulls over near this old church parking lot and asked if I wanted to drive it back to the house, because I know my way around the area, I have lots of family in that area and know it pretty well.

So, I hop in the seat, the thing automatically adjusts to your seating length and what not, which is freakin awesome. So, just driving back, and you BARELY even have to steer to take corners, just simple little movements and it hugs the corners so nice. The HUD is amazing, no more taking your eyes off the road, just simply look at the HUD and you got instant tachometer and speedometer. made driving faster much easier.

On the way back as we got on the last straight, I asked him if I could go for it, and he's like, "yeah sure" Floored it and holy shit...IT LIKES TO GO FAST! since it wasn't my car I didn't go very fast, a mere 95MPH. It accelerates so damn fast though, you floor it for like 1 second and you're already breaking 90+, and that's like 3rd gear!

This car is practically my dream car, has been for awhile, that and the Dodge Viper, love'em! :D So yeah, I was sooo pumped afterwards. I'll post the pictures my dad took later on once they get back home, they left later then my sisters and I because they wanted to spend time with my grandma. But man, the C6 Corvette is badass to the max. Definetly saving up for one of those!

And for all you people who think it's an 'April Fools Joke', no. I got pics to prove it. Definetly putting those on my MySpace!

In-Depth Review

Speed: The speed of the C6 is amazing. With a 0-60 in 4 seconds it makes for a great "body into seat" motion. When I drove it it really gets up and goes from any speed to max speed. I only drove it up to 95MPH but anything under that, then up till that speed was lightning quick.

Handling: This thing is wider, shorter, and lighter then the previous C5, although I personally haven't driven the C5 Corvette, this vehicle handled AMAZINGLY! It required barely any movement in the steering wheel to take corners. Even then you could take a 25mph corner at above 50mph, personally that's the limit I went at. 35mph corners were easier and could really be taken at high speed. I loved the way it felt when taking corners, there was no sudden jerk to the left or to the right, it was a solid, smooth, almost graceful kind of a motion. It's one of those cars where you can haul ass and take corners, all the while sipping on a cup of coffee at the same time. :D

Features: Where to start! Oh wait! You don't! The new key-less start and key-less entry make this one hell of a technological advancement towards car-security as well as features. A simple press of the break, and then flip the ignition switch to the right of the steering column and presto, instant start up! Not only that, but to open the doors, there's no more conventional door knob or any of that. You reach behind the door, press a little rubber pad, and it pops open. To make things even cooler, there's no handle to open the door form the inside, you just press this little black button and poof, it pops open. On-top of all of that, the seats are heated, everything auto adjusts to you, seats requires almost no adjustments, the steering column is easy to adjusts: just pull a little black lever, raises and lowers it, then a little button pulls it to you and away from you. Made switching drivers really fast and easy. :)

Price: While I don't personally own one of these vehicles, I did ask my cousin Steve (the one I drove) and my Uncle how much they costs. For $60,000, which is easy to afford if you're single and don't have kids, the car is quite a bargain for the performance and sheer status symbol. This happens to be my dream car since I was a kid, and knowing that my uncle owns one, and my cousin owns two, it makes a dream car like this seem much much more like a reality. :D

Over-All Grade:
Speed: *****
Handling: *****
Features: ****
Price: *****

kick ass man, my dads got a '72 camaro with a 350big block, omg its fast... lol

Seems pretty sweet, I've always wanted a viper too :D those thigns are amazing!!! cept they're like $72,000 lol

he said he paid about $60,000 for it, which to me, given the status symbol and performance of the car, is a damn fine price. Another cool thing is my other Uncle, his name is Gene, owns a 95' C5 Corvette, so, I'll definetly be making some extended family vacations this summer. :cool:

hascet said:
haha, you should race the two :D

Well he has the C5 and the C6, he told me him and his fiance race from time to time, and I asked who wins, he said, "Me most of the time because she's a pu**y and backs down." I laughed at that. Apparently his C5 Z06 is a lot faster. But, I don't care, i got to drive one of the best cars out there! More then happy!

Yeah the C6 is pretty sweet. Not my favorite but it's up there.
The Viper looks like Ronald McDonald's shoe though.

man thats sweet must be killer insurance though :eek:

my cousin has a viper. i'm not a big fan of them. i will always love the box shaped cars. like the GTO, Shelby 350GT/600, Camaro z350, etc...

The sound the engine makes is like bliss. Gosh, this is marked as one of the best days EVER! :D Still can't get over the fact that I got to drive one. :D

I hate you. But I love the car. :p

Oh and this should be in the review section. ;)

Back
Top Bottom