ps vita review

garrettchapman

Solid State Member
Sony's PS vita was released in 2011 in japan,then in February it hit the us markets.
with the initial release price of 250 - 300 plus memory card anywhere from 15-100 dollars people weren't thrilled.
another problem at launch was the very limited game selection.

HARDWARE
the PS vita has a 5 inch oled display that will make your blacks look darker and games look better.
the touch screen on the PS vita is a little unresponsive at times but other than that the screen is perfect.

PHYSICAL
the vita has a big form factor and can not really fit in my jeans if they're not really loose.
the left and right trigger buttons are plastic and squeak every time i touch them.

little surprises

the PS vita has a rear touch pad which was a new feature to any device on the market.
the fact that you could play PS on the go was a main selling point.
dual analog sticks was what caught my eye.I instantly thought of a first person shooter with dual analog sticks.

SOFTWARE

the OS on the PS vita looks childish but it is really simple to use and greatly interactive.

OVERALL

the PS vita is made for slightly larger hands and is not as portable as a psp due to size.
the price of the games memory card and vita together is not cheap.
if you have the money to spend to play PS on the go i recommend it but as for me mine will probably be sold.

Back
Top Bottom