Nero 8.1 Ultra

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
With a lot of people getting Nero 8, I might as well give it a try too and see what the hype was all about. It's loaded with features I have to say. It's like the ultimate multimedia experience all under one bloated software, lol. It looks the same, nothing too different and out of the ordinary. They focused a lot more on movie, live TV, and audio playback (they have their own player). You can copy DVDs, make images, audio CDs, etc., etc. and all that good stuff. You can rip CD/DVDs too.

I switched to Roxio about a year ago and sometimes using Sonic too. Haven't touched Nero in a long, long time. I hate their logo with the burning colisseum because it brings back memories when I had an awful experience with the older versions of Nero. Ughhh.

Their stupid Nero Scout on a previous version screwed up my entire system!!!! Damn Nero.

So I'll see how the new 8.1 works out. So far, it's ok. Just ok. No WOW factor yet.

Yea, I never did like that insidious Scout program. I'm only running Nero 7 Premium. It works great for me, never had any problems.

When I installed Nero this time, I made sure that it was as stripped down as much as possible as far as file associations, what I want installed, and things like that goes. Well, almost. I want to see the movie features and such, hehe. I left the Nero Scout out of the install this time because it's so useless, honestly...and I fear having deja vu all over again :p.

What's funny is that this particular version has all this neat stuff in it and all I'll ever end up using is Nero Express, lol. I loaded some of the extra features to see if they can actually be useful. So far, mehhh. I've got my trusty Winamp player and Media Player that does the job already...

My setup is pretty much the same. I installed it a bare as possible. I really don't need all those "fancy" extra features. I just wanted the thing to burn CD/DVD and maybe do a bit of ripping/encoding.

Back
Top Bottom