Originally Posted by 01001010
Very good choice. That XPS model is pretty new on the market right now. Seems to target the Macbook Pro.
For starters, post your CPU, RAM, operating system, hard drive, graphics card, and screen resolution to give us a good look at your notebook.
As to what you should look for in a notebook, here are my priorities from least to greatest.
Graphics card -> RAM -> Hard drive -> Screen Resolution -> Brand -> Reliability
Wow macbook competition, that probably won't last for long, but again I don't really know the capabilities of this computer. But I do know these so far....
1. Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT? Can this handle any game?
2. RAM - 3070MB <--- isn't that 3 gigs?
3. Hard Drive - can't find specs. Any suggestions, is there a program that shows everything you have installed?
4. Screen Res. - current display mode: 1280 x 800 (32bit) (63Hz). Can that be changed? if so, should it?
5. Windows Vista with Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @2.20GHz. Two of them I guess is how its coming up.
Also I have Windows Security for a firewall is that good enough? It says that I have no virus protection. Is that for the internet as well? Thanks