Motorola RAZR V3

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Hi, this is the review section, so I decided to review the Motorola V3.

Motorola V3 "Razr" Black.

Price: $100 USD.

The Razr. I know, it's an old phone, but since there are no reviews for it, I guess I will write one. Anyway, lets see some pictures.

Heres a view of the phone, closed.

IMG_0820.jpg

Lets open the phone.

IMG_0821.jpg

Side view.

IMG_0825.jpg

The phone, on top of a Sony PSP and a Nintendo DS Lite.

IMG_0818.jpg

Anyway, theres the pictures.

Pros: Glass screen protector on the outside. Very durable, and scratchproof. The LCD on the outside is color, and when closed, displays your wallpaper, time, battery life, and signal strength. Speaking of signal, I have a full 5 bars of signal strength with this phone. I am not sure if its supposed to be like that, but I have seen nothing but 5 bars all day. My sister has a Chocolate, we are both on cingular, and her phone shows about 3/6 bars while mine shows 5/5. The Body material is some sort of metal, like a second gen. iPod nano, unlike the shiny surface of most phones, it resists fingerprints, and scratches. The buttons on the side have a satisfying click when pressed, which I love alot more than the touch sensitive chocolate. It flips open nicely, and we get to the screen. If I am correct, it is 2.2 inches. It's very crisp &clear. It's larger than any flip phone out there (besides smartphones et cetera.) The keypad also has great response, and also has a rubbery lettering, which is nice because it wont wear off like some other phones that have the number printed on. The battery life seems good so far, It charges in about an hour and a half or so, not sure how long it lasts yet, havent had it for more than a few hours.

Cons: The phone is too thin. I have trouble holding it and typing on the keypad with one hand. The large screen also makes the phone somewhat wider, but its not too noticeable. The connection port is on the bottom left side, which makes no sense to me, as all of motorola's other phones have the connection on the top right side. It's hard to hold in your right hand while charging. The inside of the phone is alot shiner than the outside, the screen gets sweat marks easily, I took a call while playing raquetball today, and I had to use windex just to clean the sweat marks off there. Also the keypad gets fingerprints easily if you are dirty, I was eating a burger and opened the phone and the keypad got all greasy. The camera is not the best of cameras. I guess if you dont own a regular camera, you don't really notice it, but I think the quality of it just sucks. It is .3 megapixels, I beleive. Can't compare it to my 7.1 megapixel Canon Elph.

Heres a shot from the phones built in camera.

camera.jpg

Not very clear.

Overall, the "Razr" is a great phone. If i were to rate it, I would give an 8.5 out of 10.

If you would like to know where I got it for $100 I don't think I am allowed to show the website on here, PM me or talk through AIM/MSN.

They're alright, but I'd never get one. Too many people have them, I like to have a unique phone that makes people say wow, that's sweet. They also break pretty easily...

good job on the review really in depth. i would rather have the krazr or the razr 2 but for 100 bucks i guess thats a deal.

good job on the review really in depth. i would rather have the krazr or the razr 2 but for 100 bucks i guess thats a deal.

Actually, for $269, the Razr 2 is basically the same thing, minus a better camera. But I barely even use the built in camera. The Krzr is nice, its $169 (I think so) at the site where I got my phone.

the 5mb memory, crappy camera and fact its a motorola puts me right off. thats not a bad pic though ^

Battery life stays the same. I use mine all the time and battery still kicks. I wouldn't say they break either. With how often I've dropped mine, or even thrown it across the room, It still works. The only signs of abuse it has is the little water indicator by the battery has started to turn pink from when I dropped it in a snow bank.

Oh well, that's what the insurance is for. I could flush it down a toilet and still get a new one.

Good review over all.

Oh well, that's what the insurance is for. I could flush it down a toilet and still get a new one.
If you flush it down the toilet, don't you have to retreive it to turn the phone in to get a new one? Or do you have some kind of warranty where they don't even ask for the broken one? It sounds really dishonest, but if that was true my whole family would have a free razr.

If you flush it down the toilet, don't you have to retreive it to turn the phone in to get a new one? Or do you have some kind of warranty where they don't even ask for the broken one? It sounds really dishonest, but if that was true my whole family would have a free razr.

I don't need it, since they would activate the new one with my number (US Cellular does not use SIM cards, it's all programed into the phone) the old one would be deactivated and virtually useless.

Back
Top Bottom