MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo VS. Macbook Pro i5

tonsoffun1001

Beta member
Hi,

I'm about to buy a computer for school and I'm pretty set on the MacBook Pro's. Mainly for the low virus threat. I've never owned a Mac but I have the money (actually store credit) so I'm ready to buy one, I think... I've had PC's and they always slow down and eventyally break. Macs seem to be built on a quality foundation, which I really like.

I am a Fire Technology student so it's mainly to be used for typing reports, researching, and general activities. I also do novice photography work and would like to get Photoshop.

Which is appropriate for me? 13" C2D or 15" i5?
I like the 15" screen, it's portable enough and appears to be a beast inside. Is this something I need or could use to it's full potential? I have A LOT of store credit so it doesn't matter as much to me if I spend $1430 or $1700... The only thing is I'd like to sell the remaining store credit on ebay to "cash out", so the more the better. I also plan on purchasing the AppleCare Warranty to cover my ass.

Also, what's the main difference between the 2?

Please let me know what you think! I'm not dumb so don't be afraid to give technical terms. I'm an intermediate computer "whiz". ;]

THANKS!!!

Back
Top Bottom