Looking for a New Computer, Good Specs for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zovian

Beta member
I've decided my computer (Compaq) Is trash and I'm looking for a new one. I usually look for inexpensive systems, so I'm afraid that when I buy my new computer It will be the same trash or even worse. I'll use them for gaming, but not way to intensive (Ex: I can deal with playing Skyrim with low-moderate lag and at lowest graphics). If I wanted that, I'd just go buy an alienware.

MY CURRENT COMPUTER:
Screenshot by Lightshot
---------------------------------------------------

Computers I'm looking at:
Screenshot by Lightshot ($400)
Screenshot by Lightshot ($220)
Screenshot by Lightshot ($270
Screenshot by Lightshot ($400)

Thanks!

-Zovian

You'd be better off doing a custom build that'd be heaps better then a prebuilt computer from a company.

non of them really have what it takes to be classed as a Gaming PC.
you should find a PC with more graphic horsepower.
the best one is the first link. but still the 6530 is not a good graphic card for gaming.

non of them really have what it takes to be classed as a Gaming PC.
you should find a PC with more graphic horsepower.
the best one is the first link. but still the 6530 is not a good graphic card for gaming.

A Geforce card and Soundblaster are very important for gaming.

I am STILL using my Soundblaster Audigy from 2001 and it is still better than most of these on board sound processors that are about now.

EAX is the way to go. 5.1 surround sound. Hardware accellerator....great stuff.

Last edited:
Disagree.
By stating that a Geforce card is important is the same thing as saying that you HAVE to have Nvidia in order to play games properly.
AMD make cards that are just as good. AMD and Nvidia are competing against each other. They keep on surpassing each other in performance.
I am an Nvidia fan myself, but i wont deny that you can have a sick gaming monster with a Radeon card.
So no, it's not important to chose Nvidia over AMD for gaming.

About the soundblaster. this is the same thing as above. There are other companies out there. What about Realtech? they make just as great sound cards and sound chips.

I wanted to mod a case to make it look badass. Although I must know can I fit PNY's GTX 780 and 780 Ti fit. And how is its air flow. Also can it properly fit a full ATX motherboard. I also want to know any personal problems and props. Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Also so not to be a detriment to the conversation I am as well and Nvidia fan. Their quality is spectacular but the competitors also make very good cards and it is simply a personal preference. Go for whatever you think is right. Also there are many websites like CPU boss.com that can compare two graphics cards in terms of gaming horsepower in an easy to understand manner.

Also what is an fan/ air CPU cooling solution that is on par with the CORSAIR H105 Extreem. I'm just worried about water cooling and possible leaks. Any suggestions and experiences are welcome. Also my CPU IS A 4770k and is a gaming rig.

Also what is an fan/ air CPU cooling solution that is on par with the CORSAIR H105 Extreem. I'm just worried about water cooling and possible leaks. Any suggestions and experiences are welcome. Also my CPU IS A 4770k and is a gaming rig.
He needs a NECRO 1080ti ftw3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom