Logitech Z-5500 Speakers

freestyler105

Golden Master
Specs:
505 Watt RMS
1000 Watt Peak
62 Watts RMS to surround speakers, 69 to center
188 Watts RMS to Subwoofer

Let's start off with the control center. It's great. Very simple to use, pretty, and has plenty of options. Comes with a remote that does everything you'd need it to. Dolby Pro Logic II for virtual surround sound, direct, movie and music options. Also, you can set the level of individual speakers in case you want some extra sub power, etc. It's got analog and digital connectors - direct, coaxial, or optical cables can be used. I was a bit disappointed that it did not come with a digital cable, and only the direct analog cables.
0614071155tx9.jpg

0614071155akd6.jpg

The speakers are great. Removable covers for either keeping it clean or showing the snazzy drivers. Excellent sound, plenty of power with over 60 watts RMS. This is my center speaker with the cover off:
0614071201ne1.jpg

And the subwoofer. It's simply amazing. I enjoy using it as a fan sometimes when I crank up the bass. I can't really convey to you the sheer size of it, so I'll show you a picture in comparison to my foot. Anyway, this thing really pumps out the bass. Some people think it's too powerful, and turn down the level in the control center. I remember the day I got it. I had the bass turned up on the EQ, the volume boost set to max, and I put on MIMS - This Is Why I'm Hot. The thing was 5 feet away from my desk, and it spilled my Coke.
0413071908ma5.jpg

All I can say is wow. This definitely ranks up there with the best purchases I've made for my computer. The $300 was well worth it. Makes gaming, music, and movies all so much more enjoyable. One tip though - you really need a pretty good sound card to get the best out of these speakers. Onboard sound just does not do it justice.

I've been looking for a nice but cheap enough soung system for my PC lately, and have found only good things about the Logitech, and reading this review made me want to just go and hit the Purchase button for that model. It really does look like a great buy, so I think you just convinced me on which model i'm going to buy!

Matt

Those are definitely some nice speakers. If I had the 300 bucks, I'd definitely go and buy some. I got the X-540 since it was on sale at sam's club, it's a very good set. I'd definitely get another set of logitech speakers. I saw those in a store one time, awhile ago and decided to test them out. I put them up to nearly full blast, talk about surround sound! As far as I'm concerned, those are top of the line. I bet gaming or movies on those things will be awesome!

Yeah, they're sweet. I haven't watched any movies, but gaming is great. With it maxed out the bullets and such shake you like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom