Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Today I'm reviewing the Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers.

00356379cz9.jpg

MSRP:99.99USD
Price Paid: 59.99USD at sams club

I bought these speakers yesterday on sale at sams club. Normally I've seen them priced anywhere from $79.99 to $99.99 depending on the retailer.

Pros: So far I've only had these speakers for about a day but they're awesome. They crank out anywhere from 70 to 140 watts and the quality is amazing especially when watching movies with lots of special sound effects and such. I've turned the speakers up to about 85% volume and no static came out of them which was surprising. I also like the wired remote which has a matrix button which allows for 5.1 quality on standard 2 speaker inputs and also has a bass adjustment knob for the subwoofer and a headphone jack. The speakers can also be mounted to the wall which is a nice feature. Another added plus is that the center speaker can be mounted on any LCD monitor, this is especially useful for me since I have two monitors and not too much desk space.

Cons: The only con I've found is that the equalizer on my PC had to be specially adjusted because the treble was a little bit high and songs didn't sound quite right. Once that was fixed everything sounded perfect. That's not a speaker issue so that doesn't reflect them.

Overall Rating: 5/5 I recommend these to anyone who likes to have great sound quality in games, movies and music and doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg.

I was originally looking at buying a set of these, but I bought a pair of extremely comfortable and great sounding Icemat Siberia headphones, and I just use that for everything now. :p

Logitech speakers are great. I have the Z-5500's, just awesome.

now THAT is a nice set of speakers :)

I was originally looking at buying a set of these, but I bought a pair of extremely comfortable and great sounding Icemat Siberia headphones, and I just use that for everything now. :p

I've never heard of those, I've been looking for some new headphones. I might have to look for some of those.

Back
Top Bottom