Ibuypower review

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: newegg was never meant for business use. why are you comparing this?

Who said anything about that? Newegg is fully capable of selling to businesses.

I'm just saying some people have preferences for prebuilt machines, and it's not the end of the world when someone purchases one.

Who said anything about that? Newegg is fully capable of selling to businesses.

I'm just saying some people have preferences for prebuilt machines, and it's not the end of the world when someone purchases one.

Well thats your opinon and i respect it. but after over 3 years in dealing with premades (especially btx premades) i disagree. I just dont see the advantage of a premade to the gaming computer user

sometimes a prebuilt is cheaper than building your own. especially the ones for everyday use. The computers I see thats on sale are about or less than the cost of building a computer.
The only type of overpriced computer are usually the gaming ones.

sometimes a prebuilt is cheaper than building your own. especially the ones for everyday use.

Usually a computer is not for everyday use (who the hell came up with that?) And when someone spends $500-700 for a pc, they usually want the most out of it. because $500 is $500 regardless. Dell and other premades strip there motherboards, put in lower powered psu's, lock the bios', so upgrades usually can not be performed (And plus premades usually do a hell of alot of sandbagging when it comes to there comps)

With a newegg pc it might be alittle more expensive to build it (which i highly doubt) but the bios is unlocked, the psu's usually can hold ther own with upgrades and the motherboards can support alot of future processor upgrades.

So basically the question really is do you want to spend $50-100 more for a computer that will truly be a bang for your buck?

Prodigy...... Usually a computer is for every day use, Worker's use it for email... checking emails and that kind of stuff

IBUYPOWER is a rip off.

iBUYPOWER builds very nice systems. They may be more expensive than building your own, but what prebuilt computer system isn't?

I recommended them to my father in law who has been building and working with computers since before most of you were conceived. he just didn't have the time or inclination to build a new system. The one he purchased is very well built and performs as advertised. Their customer service was excellent, even calling him to notify him of a problem with his build. It was shipped quickly and he is very happy with it.

Usually a computer is not for everyday use (who the hell came up with that?) And when someone spends $500-700 for a pc, they usually want the most out of it. because $500 is $500 regardless. Dell and other premades strip there motherboards, put in lower powered psu's, lock the bios', so upgrades usually can not be performed (And plus premades usually do a hell of alot of sandbagging when it comes to there comps)

So people that buy a computer to do work/school work and go online is not considered everyday use?
and that everybody that buys a computer is for gaming?

So basically the question really is do you want to spend $50-100 more for a computer that will truly be a bang for your buck?

Not everyone has the capacity or patience to do that. If I wanted to buy a budget built, I would get a pre-built. It's way cheaper than trying to build one. Not everywhere in the world needs SLI/Crossfire and a quad core for a serious LAN fragfest.

So people that buy a computer to do work/school work and go online is not considered everyday use?
and that everybody that buys a computer is for gaming?

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom