Hanns-G JW197D

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
Great monitor. I can't really tell a difference between DVI and VGA, but I didn't do a side by side comparison. 19" wide screen. I've got two at my house, and between the two I've only had one stuck/dead pixel, and that was quickly remedied with the push it technique. The screen isn't 100% matte, its almost a semi-gloss, but it doesn't reflect light and show finger prints much at all. I can basically poke it and it looks nice and clean still. I haven't seen any ghosting on it in the gaming I do, and the resolution is nice and big.

I paid like $180 USD and would recommend this monitor. Only downside was that it didn't come with a DVI cable (but like I said I couldn't tell a difference between the two but I haven't done a side by side comparison), but that was just another $8, and you can get by with just the VGA.

Hmm, I find the difference minimal at best.
I do find that VGA has smoother transitions in colour though... DVI tends to band slightly in games, professional apps, and I don't know why.

Hmm, I find the difference minimal at best.
I do find that VGA has smoother transitions in colour though... DVI tends to band slightly in games, professional apps, and I don't know why.

DVI tends to stop any impurities or artifacts from appearing on the screen. It also reveals any imperfections your monitor may have.

Do you know whether or not you have a TN panel inside your monitor?

I have no clue if it has a TN panel or not. Quite honestly I don't know too much about monitors, but searching newegg it appears that this monitor has been discontinued, and there are now similar ones selling for like $110.

I have the 19" hanns -G JW197D as well but mine flickers and gets static and goes black alot... does anybody have a clue???

Back
Top Bottom