Go Back   Computer Forums > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Strickin Send a message via MSN to Strickin
Default Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Review

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Oblivion, on the Xbox 360, PS3, and the PC, is the sequel to Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, for the regular Xbox. The producer of Oblivion is Bestheda Softworks, a branch off of Zenimax. Oblivion is a very creative RPG, which takes players into a very in depth continent, know as Cyrodill, and into the god forsaken, hellish, Oblivion Gates. In the world of Oblivion, you will never see the same tree, rock, nor blade of grass again. If you have a few bucks to spare, then I suggest to also get the Game Guide, which will help you out A LOT with this game, as it has helped me out much!

~~Campaign~~

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's campaign is so vast and extensive, it will take you months after months of constant game play just to see half of it! There are so many quests and missions, that you will probably lose sleep over it, and as you level up, the monsters that you face will grow stronger and harder to kill, and they will drop much better weapons and armor as you level. Also, the detail in each quest is unique and is full of totally new challenges, so don't expect to get bored doing quests, because they start to become addicting! There are also many different means of travel, you can either take a painstaking amount of time to walk to places, which has the benefit of being able to slay creatures and level up faster, travel by horse which is very fast and easy, or use your map and click on a destination you wish to go to, which I do not suggest if you want to get the full amount out of your game. regain your motive to play as soon as the loading screen is finished. The only problem with Oblivions campaign is the loading screens, which will kind of get you out of the kill kill mood, but you will quickly Oblivions campaign is definitely a breath of new fresh air, and I am always finding new quests that were sneakily hidden, and new items of which I use to slay the monsters that come up as I level more and more.

I give the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion a 9/10 for Campaign

~~Graphics~~

The graphics on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will make you wish there were trees and people in real life as beautiful as these amazing effects put into this game. Whether you have an Xbox 360 or PS3, you will not suffer any disappointment with Oblivions graphics, and if you have a nice big HDTV then you will bask in its glory every moment of game play. However, if you have a PC, and you do not have a top of the line graphics card, or close to it, then you will miss out dearly on Oblivions amazing graphics, which is why I most recommend Oblivion for the consoles. The people in Oblivion are just breath taking, because not a single face or body is the same. Each person that you encounter has a totally different face and attitude, which pleased me the most because I hate seeing the same kind of face over and over again. Oblivion's graphics display is still one of the best, even though it has been out for over one year.

The graphics for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion get a hefty 10/10

~~Download able Content~~

The download able content for the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion make this game even more gigantic than it already is, which I's sure no one minds at all! Since Oblivion has been out for a while now, there is much content to be downloaded, including an expansion pack or two, which pleased me greatly when I bought, and downloaded it. So if you have the money to buy Microsoft points, or to buy the expansions from the store, then I definitely suggest doing so, because these additions to the game will increase the hours of game play that you will do, and the over-all enjoyability of this incredible game.

I give Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion's Download able Content a 8/10

Over-all, Oblivion is one of the greatest game out there in my opinion, and is a must get for any PS3 or Xbox 360 owner, as it will bring many great hours of fun and drooling over its graphics.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion gets a 9/10 Over-all

Strickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Review

Couldn't agree more.

dakxxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146

9/10?

What are oblivions flaws?
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
Golden Master

The fact that you can go anywhere at whatever level you are. That's why I install Francesco's mod.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

its more realisic tough youi train how you want to train, they will give warning like its only for certain leveled people but you chosse how you play and how the whole games ends out, and sadly for me I may have to start over AGAIN! because my pc fell over and won't turn on and i have no resources or time right now to fix it.
2.3 tricore phenom,2 GB RAM , EVGA 9600 GSO,250 GB SSD
2.6 X4 620, 4GB RAM, 9600 GSO, 500 GB HDD/I'm part of The Project
ace777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #6
Golden Master

I mean the leveling up system. Ever played Morrowind? That's the way it should work I think.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote