Buffalo FireStix

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
This is something I never did plan on owning, but have wanted to for some time.

When my Dominator's died this was readily available.

This RAM is not picky. It is DDR2-800 (PC2-6400), with timings of 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V. Unlike most RAM of its kind, this does work in the mid-range Intel boards that require 1.8V, and still runs at 800MHz.

At work, this is my fall-back RAM. Basically, what I mean by that is if other RAM does not work, I can pop this in and not worry. For example the Striker Extreme, any and all RAM we tried would error out, and give literally thousands of Memtest errors. Put the ram in other boards and got no problems. Tried all kinds of high-end ram from GSkill, OCZ, Corsair, what ever, and nothing worked until these.

I have owned this RAM for 2 Days now, and despite the slower timings compared to the Dominator RAM it replaced, my system performance has jumped.

Bottom line. If you want RAM you can depend on, and you know will work with your motherboard check this out.

Reliability 5/5
Compatibility 5/5
Cost 4.75/5 (could be a bit cheaper)

Hey i'm looking at buying those. what did you pay for them? and what currency so i can convert to my currency (NZ). thanks

celegrom, you won't imagine how much those sticks were a couple months back. They cost an arm and a leg and lets just leave it at that....($250+ for 2GB)

Do you work in a computer shop chain, or is it just a small local shop?

It's a small local shop. It has somewhere around stores in Wisconsin only.

I'm actually suprised I got it that much cheaper than newegg.... Normally I get it for the same price if not just a buck or two more than newegg.

Back
Top Bottom