Voltage...

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
I have my q9400 clocked at 3.2ghz. It's a 400mhz FSB, and the multiplier is 8. Anyhow, it's slightly unstable, and I've been pulling the voltage up. In my bios it's 1.30675, or something like that, but in CPU-Z it reports 1.28. My question is, which one do I trust?

go with the bios so just so your safe.

That's sorta what I was thinking, but I just thought maybe I could get some more voltage out of it. It doesn't matter much though, I found out it was the ram causing it. Now I'm running at 3.2ghz with plenty of overhead :cool:

The BIOS setting is usually a little bit off from actual voltage. There should be somewhere in your BIOS that shows what voltage your various components are sitting at. You also have to take Vdroop into account, usually your Vcore at load should be at your CPU's VID.

The BIOS setting is usually a little bit off from actual voltage. There should be somewhere in your BIOS that shows what voltage your various components are sitting at. You also have to take Vdroop into account, usually your Vcore at load should be at your CPU's VID.

Can you please explain what Vdroop and my CPU's VID are?

I'll check in my bios, I'm sure it's somewhere in there.

My board is the ASUS P5E3, it's on the X48 chipset, if it helps at all. Thank you for your help btw :)

Back
Top Bottom