Ultra ChillTEC - TEC CPU Cooler - What do you think?

cquinndesign

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I picked up a ChillTEC TEC CPU cooler last week from CompUSA, it had a retail value of $129 and I got it for $49.99 out the door, no rebates or anything, it was on clearance because a new model came out.

Anyway its an electro-thermal cpu cooler and so far its awesome! I have an Intel E8400 CPU overclocked to 3.6ghz (haven't had time to push the limts) and under load it hits about 82F and idles anywhere from 72F to 77F.

With my air cooler I was at 110F and 120F underload. I was wondering, do these things last for a long time?

Also I took out my 4 120mm fans so the only fan running is the fan on the ChillTEC cooler, so the computer is very quiet, virtually silent which is nice.

Should I add one of the fans back? I have the coolermaster cm690, so I was thinking of adding (1) 120mm Fan on the top above the cpu cooler to drawl the hot air out and up, what do you think?

Should I go for 4ghz? If so what would be some good settings for a gigabyte ep45-ud3r

Should should have at least two (2) fans in there to move the air around: one (1) intake, one (1) exhaust. You should definitely shoot for the 4GHz mark. I think Grant's got one OC'ed with a gigabyte, I'm not sure. Maybe he'll peek his head in here and he'll be able to help you out better than I can.

You should have no problems getting an E8400 to 4 Ghz, they're pretty cool-running chips.

Back
Top Bottom