Toughbook Business, Overclock the 1.6, or exchange for a 1.86??

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Well, the CF-29 Toughbooks interest me too now, but they only have a 1.6Ghz Core, Should I overclock it to 1.86Ghz, or Should I use my skills, get one with no CPU, take it apart, and put a 1.86 in it?

1> If the bios doesn't have overclocking setting you can't.
2> Cooling for stock laptop systems are doing good to keep it cool running normal programs.
3> Unless you have one of the super high dollar ultra high end lappy's, the chip is soldered to the motherboard.
4> In the above case the motherboard is designed around what cpu it's going to be using.
5> Panasonic is not going to sell you a blank box with no cpu in it.
6> It's called toughbook for the reason that it is the best out there for most hostile enviroments including getting wet. You crack the seals and you muff your warranty.

1> If the bios doesn't have overclocking setting you can't.
2> Cooling for stock laptop systems are doing good to keep it cool running normal programs.
3> Unless you have one of the super high dollar ultra high end lappy's, the chip is soldered to the motherboard.
4> In the above case the motherboard is designed around what cpu it's going to be using.
5> Panasonic is not going to sell you a blank box with no cpu in it.
6> It's called toughbook for the reason that it is the best out there for most hostile enviroments including getting wet. You crack the seals and you muff your warranty.

1. There are youtubes for it on the CF-29

2. Umm, by many reveiws ive done, It runs pretty cold

3. I have seen blank 29s around

4. Like the Pentium M series, they have the same sockets, unlike the 64 series

5. "What I found, on Ebay..."

6. "I don't need a warrenty"you break it you buy it" I need it for more convinience, like dropping it all the time. and read #5 and #4.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+take+apart+a+toughbook

Back
Top Bottom